- This event has passed.
Yoga and Kayak Summer Series Retreat Workshop
Join us this August at Starved Rock State park to bring The Do Good Movement’s Yoga and Kayak Series down south!
See Towering St. Peters sandstone bluffs, soaring bald eagles and beautiful lotus flowers on this two-day workshop weekend beginning Saturday, August 5 through Sunday, August 6. As a group we will paddle through the Illinois River on a 2-hour double kayak adventure guided by the certified instructors of Kayak Starved Rock Campground.
After our time on the water, we will take our mindfulness to land at our camp site where The Do Good Movement Instructors will lead you through a 75 minute vinyasa/yin hybrid yoga class to release tension and restore the body. After yoga we will create some more space for ourselves through a guided meditation and mindfulness activity around the bonfire. And if you still feel like you need more, feel free to join the Kayak Starved Rock group for their outdoor movie underneath the stars.
Not done yet? On Sunday we will rise with the sun and get our bodies moving with a guided sun salutation by The Do Good Movement instructors. To help us refuel, Kayak Starved Rock Campground will fill our hungry bellies with a big country style breakfast and HOT Starbucks coffee. And if you still haven’t had enough, you can join The Do Good Movement for our final adventure as we hike through Starved Rock.
Included in your registration:
- 2-hour double kayak tour through the Illinois River ($10 extra fee for a single kayak)*
- 2- 75 minute yoga classes (one Saturday evening and one Sunday morning)
- Kindness Karma BBQ Dinner Saturday: We provide the basics of hotdogs, burgers and pasta.
- Big Country Breakfast Sunday with Starbucks HOT coffee.
- Luxurized porta-potties on site
- Private primitive (no water, no electric) campground for The Do Good Movement group
- Meditation bonfire ceremony
- Movie under the stars
- Option for group hike Sunday beginning at 10 a.m.
- Tent (you can rent one for an extra $20 that will be setup for you. You must provide your own sleeping bag).
- Showers (no showers onsite) but nearby at Oglesby swimming pool for $2.
- Yoga mat (please bring your own).
If you have questions or need additional information, contact Erin Stevenson at email@example.com.